Intended User-base: Who the Services are for?
The Services are provided for anyone who would like to use them within the United States and who has reached the age of 13 years old. The Services are not intended for use by any person under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not download or use the Apps, you may not use any feature of the Sites or Apps that require registration and you may not provide us with any of your personal details. Clip will not knowingly collect any personal information from any person under 13 years of age.
Data Collection: What Information is Collected About Visitors?
The information that we collect about you while you are using the Service falls into two general categories, as described below. The information we collect may be collected directly by us, or it may be collected by a third-party website hosting provider, or another third-party service provider, on our behalf.
A. Information that you provide to us We may collect and store personally identifiable information, including such as your:
- Postal address
- Phone number
- E-mail address
along with other information, that you voluntarily supply to us while making use of the Services, whether through your registration or through communications with us in connection with any features provided as part of the Service. Some examples of this type of information include:
- information that you electronically submit when you contact us with questions
- information that you post on blogs
- information contained in discussion forums or other community posting
- information contained in social networking areas on our Sites or the Apps
- information that you electronically submit when you complete an online registration form to access and use certain features of the Service
- information contained in search requests or questions that you submit to us
- information that you electronically submit in the event that you make purchases or have payment transactions as part of the Service.
If you decline to supply or provide us with certain information while using the Service, you may not be able to use or participate in some or all of the features offered in connection with the Service.
B. Information that is automatically collected
We also collect and store non-personally identifiable information that is generated automatically as you navigate through the Sites or use the Apps. For example, we may collect information about how you are connecting to the Services via the Internet, including:
- Information about your computer such as your
- operating system (Mac OS or Windows?)
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address
- browser type (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari?)
- referring/exit pages (what did you click on to arrive at our Services. Where did you leave?)
- access times
- Information about your computer such as your
- mobile device ID
- mobile device type
- mobile device OS
- mobile service carrier
- mobile device location
Gathering this information allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Sites or Apps. Our primary means of collecting this information comes via Cookies, Web Beacons (collectively “Pixels”), and Geo-Location.
Cookies: A Cookie is a standard feature found within browser software which allows us to enhance your experience in connection with your use of the Services. Cookies are small files that your Web browser places on your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes like the ones stated above. By showing how and when visitors use the Service, cookies help us deliver advertisements, identify how many unique users visit us, and track user trends and patterns. They also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the Sites or the Apps where you have entered preference or log-in information before.
Web Beacons: Web Beacons are small, single-pixel graphic files sometimes known as “transparent GIFs” which are presented on our Sites, in our Apps and in our email messages. We use them to deliver cookies, count visits, to understand usage and efficacy of the Services and to tell if an email message has been opened and/or acted upon.
Geo-Location: Geo-location services are used to provide you with content or special deals based on the location of your computer or mobile device, or enable you to share your location with friends or other people you designate.
If you would like to limit the non-personally identifiable information that is automatically collected while you use our Sites, most Web browsers allow you to disable cookies. In order to enable such features, see your Web browser’s Help section for more information. Please note that if you choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to use or participate in some or all of the features offered through the Sites.
Data Usage: How is my Information Used?
We use the information we collect from you while you are using the Service in a variety of ways, both internally at Clip Interactive, and, with your permission, externally with our partners.
A. Internal information usage
The internal use of your information includes, for example:
- the processing of your registration request
- providing you with services and communications that you have requested
- customizing features and advertising that appear on the Sites or the Apps
- processing contests, sweepstakes or other promotions provided in connection with the Services,
- delivering content to you,
- measuring traffic to the Sites or the Apps
- measuring user interests and traffic patterns
- improving the Services and features offered via the Services.
We may share information we collect while you are using the Service with our affiliates and with trusted third-party service providers who assist us in providing services. Please see our Security section below for more on how Clip takes reasonable steps to help protect your information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure.
Please be aware that we may occasionally release information about visitors if required to do so by law or if, in our business judgment:
- such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- you have granted prior consent to share such information with third parties.
- Clip Interactive or one of its relevant agents, is involved in discussions relating to a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets
Security: How is my information being secured?
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Similarly, no method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to offering any definitive promise of security in connection with your information. If you have any questions about security on our Sites, Apps or Services, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention: How long will Clip keep my information?
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services.
If you wish to cancel your account we will render it inactive. Inactivity means:
- We will no longer use your information to provide you with the Services
- Other users of the Services will not be able to contact you through the Services
- Most of your information is permanently deleted from our servers including (but not limited to)
- your name
- mailing address
Anonymous usage statistics will remain
- Should you wish to regain access to the services at any time, you must create an entirely new account
- Comments you may have made on our blogs, or other linked social media spaces may remain
- We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements
- An example: If you opted-out of receiving email from us, your email address will be retained for the sole purpose of suppressing your address from our email marketing efforts
To request the cancellation of your account contact us directly at email@example.com. Our Services may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas (e.g. comments) may be read, collected, syndicated, republished or used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please keep in mind that since these posts may be syndicated and/or republished by users onto third party sites or networks that Clip does not control, there may be situations where we are not be able to remove or to have your personal information removed from such third party sites.
Contact: How can I contact Clip Interactive about my questions related to this policy?
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing to us or sending email to us using the information below: Clip Support 5755 Central Ave C, Boulder, CO 80301 email@example.com